|What if no woman understood a fetus was a person but all men did somehow?|
This is just my experience with pro-lifers over the past couple years. I tend to go my own way with most arguments and ideas about these kinds of things, but the Trump candidacy finally made me tune in to what actual pro-life groups were saying about this - and it's a freaking clownshow.
Not every pro-life organization is guilty of this sort of thing, but here's what I've learned so far:
* Abortion is murder and horrible and we will all be remembered as horrible people by our descendants for this travesty.
* Except women. Women who get abortions are all victims. All of them. Because none of them could possibly understand a fetus is a child, and also they're scared I bet. None of them understand what they're doing. They're pressured into it.
* By men. Men who are evil and wicked and they know better. They're telling women to kill their own children because they're selfish and that's why they want a woman to murder their own child.
* Also the government. The government makes it so hard on women by not making life for all pregnant women as easy as is humanly possible. Women just get pregnant sometimes, of no fault of their own, ever. We all should feel ashamed of ourselves for not helping them, unless we're women, because women can't know any better and already feel bad about this, or they're ignorant.
* Even abortion doctors who are women aren't at fault. They just don't understand. Did you know some pro-life women used to be abortionists? And they were totally ignorant and did nothing wrong. But only the women. The men? Oh God they're monsters and they know exactly what they're doing, but don't tell the abortion doctors they're murderers or hold them in contempt. Unless they're the male ones. But the female ones, treat them courteously and nice and hope they change their minds someday. What a boon for the pro-life cause that would be!
* In short, even though women get abortions, and abortion is treated as a women's rights issue, and it's the one thing feminists love the most, women are never to blame for abortion. But men are. All men. Even pro-life men, because they're not making life comfortable for pregnant women, who were made pregnant by men, who bear the entirety of responsibility either directly or by proxy.
I am not impressed.